Fun in the sun can be spiritually enlightening. Summer is a time for more than just meaningless activities with your friends. Instead, this summer, focus on the sun and its importance to your spiritual growth, its transformational meaning of warmth, light, and power as it relates to one’s spirituality.
Are you searching for deeper spiritual meaning in your life? You’re not alone; the hectic demands of life, being isolated because of the pandemic, have made so many people feel disconnected. Perhaps what you need is a spiritual connection to bring about a sense of balance and completion in your life.
Many people confuse spirituality with religion and believe that spiritual wellness can only come from religious beliefs. Spiritual growth means more than simply sitting in church, attending a class, or meditating. Spiritual growth can come from simple pleasures like a few minutes of contemplative thought about your life, past, future, or anything that means a lot to you.
However, spiritual balance comes from more than subscribing to a religion. Some people seek religion for their spirituality, but spirituality can also be achieved without a specific religion.
How to Develop Spiritual Wellness
Essentially, developing spiritual wellness means working toward identifying what you believe in and how well those beliefs can give you inner strength through even the roughest patches in life.
When you’ve developed spiritual wellness, you can:
- Respond to others honestly, regardless of the situation.
- Express the values that you uphold and stand behind them at all times.
- Understand the meaning of life and become in tune with the purpose of your existence.
- Lead a fulfilling life.
How do we achieve spiritual wellness? Each of us has to develop our spirituality in our own way. Your chosen path may take you on a different journey than another’s.
When you’re ready to begin your journey toward spiritual wellness, consider the following suggestions:
- Question the purpose of your existence. Ask yourself a few key questions as you go on a quest to achieve balance through spiritual wellness. Self-exploration is the key to developing your spiritual balance. Ask yourself:
- What defines me?
- What is the purpose of my existence on the planet?
- What things, people, and ideologies should I be committed to?
- What do I want out of life?
- Connect to what’s meaningful. After you’ve answered those questions, your next mission is to connect to and identify with the things in life that you want to represent you. Do you believe in helping others? Is it your interest to sacrifice the physical aspects of life to gain spiritual strength? Put the answers to the questions to work.
- Contribute to a charity if you’re inclined to help others.
- Go on a fasting mission to gain endurance and clarity of mind.
- Test your limits. When you take on challenges, you expand your understanding of a whole new myriad of possibilities for you. Testing your limits could involve many things. Here are some examples:
- Take on a physical challenge that you wouldn’t take on ordinarily due to fear of failure, disappointment, or the challenge itself.
- Make a decision based on your beliefs even though you know it may not be popular.
- Have the strength to stand by those convictions even if others reject them.
Understanding the importance of food and your spirituality. Consuming poor-quality food can tarnish the body and the soul, causing brain fog, depression, weight gain, gut dysbiosis, hormonal imbalance, etc. This results in dis-ease that weakens our body’s frequency to connect with nature and the universe.
Becoming spiritually strong involves believing in something. It consists of identifying your purpose and working towards achieving that purpose. Most importantly, it consists of becoming truly happy with your life.
Ultimately, the balance you seek will come when you satisfy your spiritual needs. By taking the steps outlined here, you can put yourself on the right path to spiritual fulfillment.
Your body, just like your mind, is capable of much more than you can imagine. When you use your body, think about what you’re doing. Live in the moment. Take the time to enjoy what you can do, and instead of taking it for granted.
Achieving spiritual wellness isn’t an overnight process. With persistence and dedication, you’ll find yourself connecting with another aspect of your existence that you never realized. More and more things will become more evident to you, and you’ll start to experience true inner peace, no matter what challenges you’ve faced!