Dr. Tahira Dupree-Chase, Superintendent of the Greenburgh Central School District, has been named among the country’s top 25 Superintendents to Watch in 2015-16 by the National School Public Relations Association (NSPRA). She was one of only two New York State superintendents recognized by NSPRA.
“It’s indeed a true honor to have been selected for this prestigious award,” Dr. Dupree-Chase shares with BW. “Hopefully, this will give the community and its students another reason to be proud of our school district.”
The honor was announced by NSPRA this week, and the organization said Dr. Dupree-Chase was chosen for “demonstrating dynamic leadership with a strong emphasis on communication.” This is the first time NSPRA has recognized new superintendents with fewer than five years of experience as a superintendent. Dr. Dupree-Chase has been Superintendent in Greenburgh for less than a year.
“These superintendents are recognized for using dynamic, fast-paced leadership with strong communication at its core,” said NSPRA in announcing the 25 winners. “They engage and inform their school communities with new communication technology tools combined with tried-and-true techniques.”
As part of the award, which also was sponsored by the educational technology company SchoolMessenger, Dr. Chase will be profiled in an NSPRA newsletter, which is circulated nationally to organization members, and receive an award certificate. She has also been invited to attend NSPRA’s national Seminar and superintendents’ luncheon, which will be held in Chicago in July.
Here is a complete list of the Superintendents to Watch winners:
• Dr. Nick Brake, Owensboro Public Schools, Owensboro, KY
• Mrs. Jennifer Brown, Cadillac Area Public Schools, Cadillac, MI
• Amy Bryan, Butler County School System, AL
• Dr. Shari L. Camhi, Baldwin School District, Baldwin, NY
• PJ Caposey, Meridian CUSD 223, Oregon, IL
• Dr. S. Dallas Dance, Baltimore County Public Schools, MD
• Mark Duerwaechter, Kaukauna Area School District, WI
• Dr. Richard F. Dunlap, Upper Darby School District, PA
• Dr. Tahira Dupree Chase, Greenburgh School District, NY
• Steven Estepp, Mariemont City School District, OH
• Kathy Greenich, Knox County Career Center, OH
• Dr. Steven K. Hirase, Murray City School District, Murray, UT
• Dr. Ehren Jarrett, Rockford Public School District #205, IL
• James F. Lane, Goochland County Public Schools, VA
• Dr. Michael Lubelfeld, Deerfield Public Schools District, IL
• Dr. Richard Machesky, Troy School District, Troy, MI
• Dr. Khalid N. Mumin, Reading School District, Reading, PA
• Dr. Sheila Phillips, Vestavia Hills City Schools, AL
• Dr. H.T. Sanchez, Tucson Unified School District, AZ
• Richard T. Sniscak, Parkland School District, Allentown, PA
• David Stegall, Newton-Conover City Schools, Newton, NC
• Dr. Jim Sutfin, Millard Public Schools, Omaha, NE
The Greenburgh Central School District appointed Dr. Tahira Dupree Chase as the permanent Superintendent of Schools for the school system in October 2015. Dr. Chase has served as the interim Superintendent since the Greenburgh Board Of Education fired Superintendent Ronald O. Ross, September 22, 2014.