Do you have concerns about going to the polls to vote because of COVID-19??
Registered New York State voters can now vote via absentee ballot by applying to their county Board of Elections.
The temporary order applies only for the June 23 primary elections, which will include New York’s presidential and all federal, state, and local primaries.
Apply NOW for your absentee ballot!
WESTCHESTER COUNTY BOARD OF ELECTIONS (WCBOE)
Mail or In-Person:
25 Quarropas Street, White Plains, NY 10601
Telephone: (914) 995-5700
Fax: (914) 995-7753 or (914) 995-3190
1. How to request an absentee ballot:
- Click here to DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM and return via mail, fax, e-mail or in-person.
- If you cannot download and print a form, send a letter via mail, fax or e-mail with your request for the application, including the following information:
- your name and date of birth
- the address where you are registered
- an address where the ballot is to be sent
- the reason for the request
The NYS Election Law is modified to allow for electronic application, with no requirement for in-person signature or appearance to be able to access an absentee ballot.
A voter must check the box on the existing application for “temporary illness or physical disability.” The request is for “Primary Election only”.
2. Complete and return the signed application form to WCBOE:
Upon completion, the application or letter of application must be: emailed, faxed or mailed to WCBOE no later than the seventh day before the election (June 16th) or delivered in person no later than the day before the election (June 22).
Upon receipt of your application for an absentee ballot at WCBOE, delivery of absentee ballots to voters will be by mail or in-person, regardless of how the application was submitted.
3. Upon receipt of the ballot, complete and return your ballot to WCBOE by mail or in-person. No completed ballots will be accepted via email or fax.