Experiencing challenging phases in life can test your mettle. When you encounter those bumps in the road, how do you react? Are you able to deal effectively with these challenges without going to pieces? Could you use some help in finding your inner strength?
Try these ideas to tap into your personal reserves whenever the going gets tough:
1. Take some time to ponder the present dilemma. What do you see as the real issue? Are you making a mountain out of a mole-hill? How can you focus your efforts on the current event that’s troubling you?
2. Acknowledge your fears about the irritating situation. Before you can show resilience to move forward, it’s essential to recognize any fears that bear on your current circumstances. Ignoring them will only serve to thwart you from confronting the issue.
3. Consider every option. Writing down your options for overcoming your challenge will help you see the situation from all angles.
· Brainstorming as many solutions as you can is an excellent start to finding a workable option.
· Be open-minded. Sometimes you have to remind yourself not automatically to screen out possible solutions to a sticky wicket. Every viable possibility should be considered.
· Considering every possible solution indicates you have the resilience to succeed.
4. Approach the challenge with positivity. It may sound over-simplified, but you can either approach a stumbling block thinking, “I don’t think I’m going to survive it,” or “I’m going to do my best and make my way through this situation.” Taking a positive outlook will compel you to move forward through the crisis. Be optimistic!
5. Avoid looking too far ahead. Focus on what’s going on in this moment. Sometimes, it helps to make it through 1 hour at a time.
· Concentrate your energy on what you can do in the here and now.
6. Pray. Draw from your religious faith to help you through. Spirituality regularly assists millions of people to live consistently healthy, happy lives. Perhaps finding faith would bring you the inner strength you desire.
7. Seek emotional support from those you love. Any troubling event is easier to navigate when you feel the love and support from someone close to you. Bolster your “resilience reserves” by getting a little help from your friends and family members.
· Although it might be difficult for you to reach out and say, “I’m struggling,” look at it this way: your loved ones will feel better if you give them opportunities to be there for you. Accept the loving and supportive care that your loved ones are so willing to provide.You’ll likely have a chance in the future to reciprocate.
8. Soothe your spirit. What calms you down, makes you feel peace, and brings you simple joy? Take time to participate in your favorite activities to soothe your frayed emotions.
· Taking a walk in the
woods, swimming a few laps at the pool, or doing a handicraft or hobby at home can be some of the most self-soothing things you can do when you’re experiencing a tricky life phase.
9. Embrace your strength in God. Remember that your strength in God has pulled you through many crises in the past. Have confidence that it can continue to bolster you through many more.
Life can be exhilarating, engaging, and challenging. When you encounter a block in your path, allow your resilience to shine through. These strategies can help you draw on your inner strength to live a meaningful, enriched existence, no matter what type of challenge you encounter.